The purpose of the Research Policy is to create a vibrant atmosphere of research among faculty and researchers at our college K J Somaiya College of Science and Commerce. The policy shall serve as an overall framework within which research activities may be carried out.
- To promote interdisciplinary research and establish modalities for preparing and undertaking joint research projects covering more than one knowledge domain as well as policies for involving external agencies/experts in such projects.
- To develop and promote linkages with the Research Council of the University of Mumbai and enable all the researchers of the college to benefit from the activities and programmes of the council.
- To create and administer a research fund for supporting and facilitating the research atmosphere among faculty members and students.
- To develop rules, procedures and guidelines for granting research support, institute awards study leave, sabbatical leave, duty leave, reduction in workload, etc. for faculty members undertaking research activities.
- To provide a modality for proper coordination of all research activities at our college and aligning these to the vision and missions of the college to achieve national development goals.
Composition of Research Cell
Research Cell may be expanded with the inclusion of more members as necessary. It may alsoset up and promote 'Action Groups & for managing specific projects/activities.
Research Cell will have the following composition :
- Principal – Chairperson
- Coordinator – Member Secretary
- Two teachers – Members
- Industry/Academia representative - Member
- Two student representatives - Members